Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chapter 13: No Good Deed



Warning:  This chapter contains nudity and strong language.  You have been warned! 




Morrigan woke up and noticed Lasandro had already gotten up.  He was no doubt painting again, she knew it because he was painting a lot lately.  She knew he was desperate to find his mother's killer and with that desperation came little rest for him and for her as well.
She thought over the events at Katya's.  Why had she acted so foolish?  Their was something bothering her that she couldn't quite figure out.  It was an overwhelming feeling of loss. It was if she had lost someone that she loved dearly, but the person she loved and longed for in this world was Lasandro, and he was right there with her.  She quickly rose to go find him...

As Morrigan entered the art room she noticed that Lasandro wasn't there.  Her eyes traveled to the masterpiece he had been working on which was covered with a delicate, blue cloth.


She approached the painting to remove the cloth.  Surely he wouldn't mind if she took a peek.  Just as she reached for the cloth she felt Lasandro come up behind her.
"Hey, no peeking!"  He teased her and tickled her sides as she simultaneously jumped in surprise.
"I... I wasn't..  Okay I was."  She was caught in the act and there was no use in trying to play it off.
"Well, you don't have to peek because it done.. but since you want to see it so bad, I was thinking...."
"Thinking what?" Morrigan inquired.
"Well, what do I get if I show you.." He threw her a toothy mischievous grin.
Morrigan raised her fist at Lasandro, "The question is what do you get if you don't show me."
Lasandro threw his hands up in the air. "Okay, okay.  Don't want a repeat of last night.  I know how diesel you get when your mad."  He knew he was pushing her buttons but he couldn't help himself.  He stopped his shenanigans long enough to approach the work of art and gently pull the cloth from it.



"Well, what do you think?"  He continued before she spoke. "I painted her exactly as she looked the day that..."  His voice trailed off.
"It's, It's beautiful." She replied in a hush tone.
"She was beautiful."  Lasandro spoke as his voice cracked with emotion.
They studied the painting silently for a few moments longer.


Morrigan could feel his cool breath as he brushed his lips across the back of her neck and he spoke in his best uppity voice. "I say we have something special for breakfast.  Hmm, how about delicately sautéed plasma fruit with a side of vintage 1922 boxed plasma juice."
"Mmm," Morrigan played along. "Sounds lovely but please do pour my plasma juice into a glass for I shunt be needing that dreadful box."
They both giggled at their silliness.
"As you wish my Queen."  He bowed out of the room and slapped her on the ass in the process.  She ignored his fratboy antics and continued to study the painting.



It was something about her..something very familiar but Morrigan could not put her finger on it.  She knew without a doubt that she had met this woman before but where?  Morrigan was brought back to earth as she heard "Breakfast is served madame" coming from the kitchen.  She left the room still feeling on edge and wondering why she felt that way.




 TwinBrook Past





"Marcus, this is absurd.  Haven't you had enough of this already?  I don't want any part of it!"
"You, my dear, will not question me as to what I want to do!  You know as well as I do, I get what I want."  Marcus eyed Morrigan with an all too familiar look in his eyes.
"Come on sister dear.  Let's make this a family affair!"  Pony stated with excitement in her eyes.
"Marcus, you know we need to keep a low profile.  The vampire community is starting to talk."
"Let them talk."  Marcus turned to get an eye full of his soon to be prize, then he turned back to Morrigan.


 "I implore you Marcus.  Stop this.  We can find someone else."
"We are vampires Morrigan!  This is what vampires do!  We are at the top of the food chain!  Why is it always whining with you?  Can't you just enjoy the power we hold over these puny excuses for living creatures?"
"No!  I won't allow you to...."
"Allow me?!"  Marcus spat enraged as he slapped Morrigan across the face.  "You don't' allow anything.  Remember you are mine!  Don't you forget that!  And don't' even think about leaving because as your maker I command you to come with me!"


Maria sat on the cold hardwood floor with tears in her eyes.  He had lost his temper again and had hit her.  She thought to herself silently.  "Why do I take this abuse.  Oh, how I love him but this is not something I want my Vinny to be around.  Sure he was his father but is that enough?"  
Maria had grown up without a father and that was not something she wanted for her son.  If only he could change.... She thought to herself as she heard a shuffling noise beside her.
"Vinny?"  She looked up to see if he had awaken.



"Oh, my God!"  She yelled in horror as she saw two very strange creatures floating around her.
"Hmm, not quite, but close."  Marcus quipped as he flashed his fangs at her.
"What..what do you want?  Do you want the stereos.  You can have them, just please leave me alone."  The terror in her voice aroused Marcus.  He backed her up hard against the wall.



"Please", she begged.  "Don't hurt me!"
Marcus could see the fear in her eyes.  He knew he probably should have glamoured her but no, this was much more exciting.
"There is only one thing I want, my sweet, and I will have it."
"Anything, please just don't hurt me." Maria took great care not to mention Vinny in the other room.  As long as the group didn't know he was there, then he would be safe she'd hoped.
"I have had my eye on you for quite some time.  You, my sweet, are exquisite."  Marcus cocked his head back and with a crushing force he lunged forward and chomped down on her neck.



Maria could barely let out a scream as Marcus began to drain her.  Vigorously sucking on her neck, he reveled in how sweet and delicious she tasted.  She tasted exactly how he'd imagined.  He thought what a shame it was that there was only one of her.
Pony waited anxiously behind her maker.  Smelling the sweet scent of Maria's blood, she begged Marcus to let her have a taste.



In a blood lust rage, Marcus threw her body to the floor and it landed with a loud thump.  She had gone unconscious.  Pity, Marcus thought.  He loved his meal awake and terrified.
"Drink my princess."  Marcus instructed Pony and she willingly obliged.
The two drank vigorously, draining just about every ounce from her limp body.
"The boy.  Pony stated.  "I want him."
"As you wish." Marcus waved her towards the bedroom door where Vinny was sleeping.


Pony raced towards the door only to be met by Morrigan with her leg extended resting on the kitchen counter.
"The boys off limits."  Morrigan warned as Pony flashed her fangs.
"Move it sister!" Pony ordered Morrigan.  She knew if the mother tasted that good, then the boy would taste ten times that much.
"If you so much as touch that boy Pony, I will rip your throat out!  You might be faster, but I am much stronger!"



Pony stomped her feet in protest. " Daddy, sisters not being fair!  Tell her to let me in!"
Marcus looked up briefly from his meal.  His eyes were blood red and his words were slurred.  He was drunk, drunk off of blood.  "Always with the sibling rivalry.  Morrigan, let your sister have what she wants."
Morrigan ignored Marcus and again warned Pony.
"Once again.  You touch him.  You die.  It's that simple."
With that Pony turned back to the woman to get another fix.  She'd hoped Marcus didn't completely drain her before she could get more.


Suddenly there was a knock on the door followed by a man's voice.
"Maria?  Maria open up!'
The crew looked towards the door, staying completely quiet as to not let him know anyone was there. Some how Maria regained consciousness and belted out a blood curdling scream for help.
"Maria!!"  The man on the other side of the door yelled.
"Silly woman!"  Marcus spat at Maria as he effortlessly snapped her neck.
The man screamed for Maria tirelessly as he began to break the glass in the window.


"Lets kill him!"  Pony spat with her eyes wide with excitement.
"No! It's too risky now.  We must take leave!" Marcus ordered.
With that the trio escaped through the opposite door that Morrigan was guarding just as the man successfully climbed through the window.


"Maria!  No, please God No!  Maria stay with me please!"  Vincent pleaded but it was too late.  Maria was gone.
A few seconds later Vincent heard his son come out of his room.  "Mommy?"


The trio ran for what seemed like a lifetime until they felt they were finally in the clear.


"What the fuck Marcus!"  Morrigan yelled when they reached safety.
"Hahahaha!"  Pony laughed hysterically.  I wanna do that again!"
"Oh, come now sweetheart.  You have to admit it was a little fun.  Almost like old times.." Marcus flashed a evil smirk at Morrigan.


Before Marcus could finish his sentence Morrigan threw a hard right to his chest.  She knew it wouldn't do him much damage but that wasn't the point.  She had to let him know once and for all how she despised his actions and that he did not own her!
Marcus quickly blocked her attempt and in a split second she felt as if her hair was being ripped straight from her scalp.


Pony had grabbed her hair all the while yelling for her not to touch "Daddy" again.  
"Awww!"  Morrigan screamed.  She couldn't believe what had just happened.  She knew her and Pony had their differences but never before had Pony laid a hand on her.  She knew better, or so she thought.  "I'm sick of you being such a annoying whining bitch all the time!" Pony yelled as she tried to dismember Morrigan's head from her body.
Morrigan quickly regained her footing and in an instant she gripped Pony's neck in her right hand.  Her eyes were full of rage as she squeezed tightly.


"How dare you!  Everything I've done for you.  All the fucking cleaning up I did for you!  You dare to attack me!"
Pony gasped for air as she desperately clawed at Morrigans hand.  The clawing only made Morrigan angrier and she was on the verge of showing Pony just how angry she could get.
"As your maker I command you to put her down!"  Marcus ordered her as he watched with disbelief. Morrigan looked back at Marcus and for the first time ever, she saw worry in his expression. 
"As you wish, master." she spat as she threw Pony ten yards into a tree.


Feeling satisfied that she had got her point across, she turned to Marcus.  "I'm tired of you putting us in danger because of your sick obsessions!  We can't keep doing this!  Sooner or later we are going to get caught!"
"Caught by whom, hmmm?  The humans?  What a joke! We are the dominant species.  They are here purely as food and pleasure, nothing more.  Until you come to terms with that notion my dear, I'm afraid you'll just have to deal with it! Now stop your sniveling and let's go!"  Marcus motioned to Pony. "Come now Princess, we must take our leave.  Daytime will be upon us soon." 
"I'm not going anywhere with you!"  Morrigan spat.
"As your maker I command you to....."
"Fuck off!"  Morrigan spat as she turned to Pony who had made her way back to the two.  She could tell that Pony was still disoriented from her little "fall".


"Good luck kid.  Your going to need it with him!"  Those were the last words she spoke as she made her escape.  She could hear Marcus calling out to her, commanding her to return to him but for the first time ever, she ignored him.  That night had been the last straw and she vowed never to be part of something like that ever again.


As she ran she had a heavy heart.  She thought back to what she could have done, what she should have done.  At least I saved the boy.  Morrigan thought to herself as she ventured into the unknown, alone.




Starlight Shores- Present Day


Morrigan woke up in a start.  She struggled to catch her breath as Lasandro jerked up with her.  
"Wha, what is it?!'  He asked in a hoarse sleepy yet anxious tone.
"Umm, nothing.  I..I just..I'm fine.  Sorry."
"You sure you okay cuz you really just freaked my shit out there.  Must of been one hell of a nightmare."
Morrigan cleared her throat. "Yeah, a nightmare."  She rose from the bed.  "I need some air."
She quickly exited the room all the while Lasandro stared at her with a confused expression.


Omg, this isn't' happening.  It couldn't be  It just couldn't be.  Morrigan was horrified at her realization.  She knew that woman looked familiar and now she knew why.  It was Marcus and Pony who killed her and she was no better because she was there and she did nothing to stop it.  How was she going to tell this to Lasandro?  He'll leave me.  He'll never want to see me again.  She thought to herself as she heard the crashing of waves chime through her head.  
Her thoughts were interrupted by Lasandro who was walking out to join her.  Oh God. What am I going to do?  She thought to herself.


"Mmmm," he moaned as he took in her scent and put his arms around her waist.  "What is it baby?"
"I just couldn't sleep, that's all."  Morrigan took great lengths to block her mind as much as she could.  The last thing she wanted was for him to feel her angst.  He would know something was really wrong.
"I know what'll cheer you up."  He stood in front of her with his arms extended as he began to levitate.  "Come on,"  He beckoned her.  "I've been practicing ya know."


Morrigan floated up with him.  He always knew how to put a smile on her face.
"You see.  Not bad for a noob, huh?"  He laughed as he did a couple flips.
Morrigan smiled as she watched him. "What is noob? What is this word?" She asked.
"Aha.  A noob is someone that's new to something.  Like me being a new vampire.  However I must say that although I'm new, I'm probably the sexiest vampire alive."  He winked as he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his chest.


Morrigan rolled her eyes at that last comment.  He was so full of himself sometimes. She laid her head on his marble chest as he gently held her and caressed her hair.  Their relationship had really come a long way and she loved how tender he could be.  Damn he could be so romantic sometimes, and yes, she thought he was the sexiest vampire alive but she wasn't about to tell him that.  She could feel his love for her.  She'd never felt that from anyone before.  But would he love her if he knew the truth?  


He gently lowered her to the ground and stared into her eyes and she stared back at him.  She swore she could see his pupils dance as he eyed her lips.  "I love you." he whispered as he went in for a soft, tender kiss.  The kiss was so sensual and full of passion.  There was no holding back, no pretense.  It was just them again, in their own little bubble.  The rest of the world did not exist at that moment.
Her lips parted for his tongue as it entered her mouth.  She reciprocated and their tongues hungrily met in a sweet slow dance with one another.  
Morrigan's arousal grew, as did his.  She could feel it.  She could also feel something else.  She felt sorrow.  She felt sorrow because she did not want what she had with this man to end but she had to tell him the truth.  She just had to.  She tore her lips from his and stood up and stared down at him with tears streaming down her face.


Puzzled, he stood up as well. "Morrigan?  What's bothering you.  You can tell me baby.  Remember our promise.  I will always be honest with you and you will always be honest with me.  I can feel something's really wrong.  Get it off your chest and let me take the pain away from you."
Damn him!  Damn him for being so understanding.  He won't be for long, not if I tell him.
Morrigan contemplated every angle.  Should she tell him or should she not?  She had to tell him. There was no way around it.  He could feel her agony.  They were just too close now.
She finally decided to tell him and deal with whatever consequence awaited her.  Good or bad.  He had to know the truth.
"Promise me you won't hate me."  She asked with a shaky voice.
Lasandro was very confused.  Why would he hate her?  "Baby, I love you.  You can tell me anything."
"I..I was there."
"You were where?" He asked.
"Your mother, when she died.  I was there but I didn't hurt her, Marcus and Pony, they...."
Lasandro quickly cut her off.
"Morrigna, what are talking about?"
"The...the vampires that killed your mother.  I was there Lasandro."


"Morrigan, please, please don't tell me that."  He shook his head in disbelief. "No, Morrigan.  No don't tell me that!"  His voice began to crack.
She could see the hurt in his eyes.  Hurt mixed with disbelief, mixed with rage.  He was in turmoil and it was all because of her.
"All this time Morrigan.  I've been looking for my mother's killers and you knew!  You knew this whole time!"
"No, not until earlier today.  The painting..it...she was so familiar.  I just didn't know why.  I know now, and I"m so, so sorry."  Lasandro I swear I didn't know.  I tried to stop them but they wouldn't listen. I tried to......"


"Are you kidding me Morrigan!  Are you fucking kidding me!"
"Lasandro please!"  Morrigan pleaded.
"That fucking piece of shit blood sucking mother fucker is DEAD!  He's dead!" 
"Lasandro, you can't..."
"I can't what!  Don't' try to fucking stop me either.  I don't care that he's your maker, that son of a bitch will be a bag of fucking plasma when I'm done with him!"
"Lasandro!"  She cried out.
With that Lasandro took off, naked and all.  



Morrigan's knees quickly gave out as she uncontrollably knelt to the ground.  She had lost him.  What she feared would happen, happened.  He was going to go kill Marcus.  Marcus had centuries on him, there was no way he could take him down.  At least not by himself.  Morrigan loved Lasandro like no other and she knew what she had to do.  He was right.  Marcus had to die and she was going to help Lasandro do it with or without his approval.  She quickly ran into the house to get dressed.



 Morrigan knew Lasandro even before he knew her.  She wondered why she had been so drawn to him and now she knew why.  Their dynamic dated back to over twenty years ago when she unknowingly saved his life.  Morrigan hurriedly dressed herself and got ready for the task ahead.  She wiped the tears from her eyes.  There was no time for remorse, she had a vampire to kill.


9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is a very messed up situation and I really can understand how Lasandro feels. Although Morrigan has no idea that he was the one she really did place their relationship in a bad situation. He really loves her and I know she really loves him but this might be really hard to get over.

    Lasandro rushing off for Marcus is crazy! He can't really believe he is any match for that man! Maybe with Morrigan on his side they MIGHT stand a chance but then there is also Pony to contend with. I don't see this ending well :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lasandro was not thinking rationally when he took off. It will probably take him some time to forgive Morrigan even though technically she really didn't do anything, just withhold information for a couple of hours.
      Marcus is very old and very, very strong. I don't see Lasandro taking him on by himself. That would be suicide. Yes, on top of that he has Pony to worry about. Pony is no push over. She is older than him as well It's true that it's not going to end well for somebody.
      Welcome back and thank you so much for reading. I thought I had lost you as a reader. I was like "Damn, is my story that bad." Lol.

      Delete
    2. Aww no :( sorry you're a great writer and I'm enjoying this story! This, Deceived and three other stories never show as updated on my blog roll for some reason. It's so annoying because I know I have them on there as followed stories! I have to keep checking and when I did I saw I was two chapters behind and was like WTF! Blogger hates me, I'm sure of it!

      Delete
  2. Wow!

    Morrigan needs to stop thinking it's her fault! She didn't know! But I sure am glad that she saved L.A., and I'm glad that all this happened. No matter what there are no regrets; they did everything together. But I don't want them to die. I wa sjust saying that to sound motivational.

    Poor L.A.! He has to deal with this. I can understand killing Marcus and I'll willingly accept Marcus's death, but I hope he doesn't kill Pony. I really hope he doesn't....

    Pony is so cute but... Maniacal. I like her, though. A lot; she adds flavor. It was so funny though how she just went in. Err, I can't believe she just killed L.A.'s mom with no regrets! Well... Maniacs don't really have feelings so.. :P

    This chapter was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morrigan and Lasandro have grown very close and I don't see them being broken up that easy. I mean, it would have been different if Morrigan was the one who drained his mom, right? Just saying. He needs to get over it and yes Marcus has to die or there will be no peace between LA and Morry.
      Pony's a beast. She's cute and adorable on the outside but a hellion on the inside. I'm not seeing Pony backing down from LA, seeing as she is older and faster than him. O_o We'll just have to see about that. :D
      Thank you for reading Amenti! :D

      Delete
  3. This chapter was great, and Morrigan is very courageous for telling Lasandro about the truth of his mother's death.

    How is he going to fight him naked? Marcus is a lot older the him, and not having clothes probably doesn't help either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellurrr! :)
      Thank you for your kind comments. I agree that it was extremely courageous of Morry to tell LA the truth. She knew there was a risk of her losing him but they have become very close so she opted to be open and honest. However it did bite her in the ass. O_O
      Lol. I'm sure he will find a way to find some clothes. Just for you I will include just how he does that in the next chapter.
      Thank you for reading Deathnote! :D

      Delete
  4. Very well done chapter.

    I don't believe Lasandro is mad at Morrigan. I think his anger is all directed at Marcus. Am I right? Oh, but of course Morrigan would think it was all directed at her because she feels awful. I hope his threat comes true and Marcus gets beat into a bag of plasma. hah!!!

    I really liked the night scene with them flying and stuff. The way the moonlight reflected off of their skin was lovely.

    Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh. Figures Marcus was behind killing his mother, I hope with Morrigans help they kick his sorry butt, and I hope Pony gets hers too, neither of them deserve to live if you ask me=/.

    ReplyDelete